Fitness for Life is a boutique, private personal training studio for women, founded in 2003. Many of our clients are new to exercise and/or intimidated by the prospect of exercise, especially the idea of doing so in a traditional gym environment. So, our studio is a safe, fun and welcoming space for women of all shapes, sizes and fitness levels. At Fitness for Life we want every client to leave their session with a deeper respect for their body and the ability to move through their lives with confidence and joy.
We strive to create the same supportive environment for our trainers and staff as we do for our clients. We want our studio to be a place where trainers don’t just have jobs, they are building rewarding careers.
See below for the basic responsibilities and qualifications. In addition to those things, we’re looking for: someone who is passionate about working with our specific clientele; someone who wants to be a part of growing a small business and is excited about the possibilities that offers; and someone who is enthusiastic about health and fitness and enjoys helping people improve the quality of their lives through exercise.
• Design creative, challenging and fun(!) workouts, unique to each client.
• Cue, demonstrate and modify exercises safely and effectively.
• Conduct prospective client consultations and new client intake sessions.
• Generate new client leads (with support from management).
• Actively participate in staff meetings, studio events & continuing education opportunities.
• Clean and sanitize equipment and the studio before and after each client session.
• Accurately and consistently complete studio paperwork, including: timesheets, workout documentation forms and new client intake forms.
• 18 years of age or older.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a professional personal trainer.
• Hold a current, nationally recognized personal trainer certification through: NASM, CSCS, ACSM, NSCA, ISSA, or ACE.
• Hold a current first aid/CPR/AED certification.
• Kickboxing experience, preferably in Muay Thai.
Send a current resume and a cover letter, detailing how your career goals and experience meet the criteria of this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials must be in the form of a PDF.